Since its very inception, Sangam University has been striving to develop itself into a University of excellence in education and research in consonance with the contemporary and future needs of India through meaningful education, original research of the highest standard and leadership in technological innovation for the industrial growth of the Country. With the path-breaking innovations in both its curriculum and research, the University is rapidly gaining a legendary reputation globally in a very short time.
In addition to offering formal Undergraduate and Post-graduate Programs, the University actively encourages its faculty and other academic staff to undertake sponsored research and consultancy projects in order to strengthen the research profile of the University. The Research and development is carried out in several areas like Chemical, Physical, Biological along with renewable energy, health and environment, manufacturing, telecommunication, nanotechnology, materials, simulation, infrastructure, computation, Supply chain Management. The Research projects are very important for maintaining external and global linkages and are also a source of revenue for research and Development activity in the University.
Department of Research
The Department of Applied Research is set up to provide specialized administrative and managerial support for the operation of sponsored research, consultancy and other R&D related activities in the University campus. The research philosophy has progressed from inter- departmental collaboration to inter‐institutional partnerships at National and International levels. The scope and scale of research has substantially evolved from the era of student theses to funded projects to interdisciplinary research programs at National and International levels. The Department of Research facilitates interaction with external agencies, both National and International.
The key role of the Department of Research is to provide a creative atmosphere in research and development activities in the University. To say a few, functions are:
Promotion of University-Industry interactions: It provides helping hand in establishing collaborative research partnerships for undertaking creative and advanced research in emerging areas of interest to the Industry.
- Joint collaborative programs: The University has signed Memoranda of Understanding with Indian as well as International research Institutions and Industries to strengthen its collaborative research efforts.
- Technology Development and Transfer Mission: Management of IPR issues and transfer/ licensing of technologies resulting from R&D activities of faculty and Research students of the University to Industries.
- Administrating and guiding the faculty for their research projects along with the origination of conferences, seminars, symposia and workshops in University Premises supported by Government and Non-Government Funding Agencies.
Examination Fee and Mode of Payment
Application form (Complete set) for Ph.D. can be downloaded from University website (www.sangamuniversity.ac.in). The duly filled application form along with the attested mark sheets / documents etc. with a crossed D.D. of Rs. 1,000/- in the name of Sangam University, Bhilwarapayable at Bhilwara may be submitted to Registrar/Dy. Dean(Research) office, Sangam University, Bhilwara on or before the prescribed last date.
Scheme of Test
The examination will be of Three hours duration and the maximum marks of the test will be 100. There will be one paper consisting of two parts; each part will be of 50 marks. For passing the test the candidate has to score minimum 40% marks in each part separately and minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
||25 questions will be of general nature i.e. research aptitude and logical reasoning. The rest 25 questions will be from the subject concern. All 50 questions will be Objective type multiple choice.
||25 questions will be of general nature i.e. research aptitude and logical reasoning. The rest 25 questions will be from the subject concern. All 50 questions will be Objective type multiple choice. All questions would be from the syllabus of NET (UGC/CSIR) of the concern subject.
Note: The syllabus will be the same as that of UGC/CSIR NET examination available on the UGC/CSIR websites.
UGC website link:
CSIR website link:
The test will be only for judging the eligibility of the candidate for Ph.D. programme. Qualifying the eligibility test will not ensure that the candidate will necessarily be registered as a Ph.D. student.
Validity of the Test
The candidate qualifying the test would be eligible to be invited for the interview for the next one year, such candidates would again submit an application for the exemption from the text along with the relevant certificate, if needed.
- The candidates declared qualified in the entrance test and the candidates exempted from entrance test both would be invited for an interview to be conducted by Dean (Research). At the time of Interview by the expert panel the candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/s. The candidate would have to produce the original documents at the time of interview.
- Only a predetermined number of students shall be admitted to the Ph.D. programme. The University shall follow the rules of the reservation policy in granting such admissions.
Allocation of Supervisor / Co-supervisor
The allocation of the supervisor to a selected student shall be done by the Interview Board keeping in view the number of vacant seats available with faculty members, the available specialization among the faculty supervisors, and the research interest of the student as indicated by him/her during the interview. The allotment/allocation of supervisor shall not be left to the individual student or teacher.
Registration and Synopsis Submission through Supervisor
- After allocation of supervisor, all candidates for the degree of Ph.D. shall apply for registration in the prescribed application form obtainable from the University on payment of prescribed fee. Application for Ph.D. registration should accompany outline of the proposed research work along with the theme and methodology to be followed, objectives and importance / relevance of the proposed work, bibliography and other details. The candidate will have to deposit the prescribed registration fee and submit the synopsis to the Dean (Research) as per scheduled date.
- The synopsis would be submitted when it is approved by the supervisor. It is to be submitted through the head of the concerned research center.
Meeting of Subject Research Committee
- The candidate applying with synopsis for registration for Ph.D. degree, under the allocated supervisor, will have to defend the proposed work before the DRC. Improvement, alteration and modifications suggested by the committee in the synopsis have to be incorporated in and the revised synopsis to be submitted within one month to the Dean (Research).
- If the outline of the proposed research work is approved, the Dean (Research) shall notify the candidate concerned regarding approval of outline of work and ask him/her to take admission in the institution where he/she plans to work. The candidate shall intimate the date of his/her joining the research to the Dean (Research) through the supervisor and Head of the concerned research center/institute. The date of registration would be the date of admission at this stage.
- The candidate will be required to submit, through proper channel, his admission report to the University positively within one month of the date of the issue of registration letter.
After having been admitted to the Ph.D. programme, each student shall be required to undertake course work for a minimum period of one semester. The course work shall be treated as pre-Ph.D. preparation. It shall include two papers; one shall be on research methodology which shall include quantitative methods and computer applications. The other one shall be an intensive review of available literature/research techniques relating to the proposed research area of the Ph.D. scholar. Candidates undergoing course work are required to obtain a certificate from his/her supervisor with counter-signed by the head of the concerned institution to the effect that he/she has successfully completed the course work. The mode of examination regarding course work would be decided by the Examination Section. The course work will be offered on self- sufficiency basis to the Ph.D. scholars. If found necessary, the courses may be carried out by doctoral candidates in sister departments / institutes either within or outside the university for which due credit will be given to them.
Exemption from Course Work
The Candidates who have already done course work as per UGC notification 2009 in the concerned subject from any recognized university may be exempted from course work (relevant certificate is required).